Summer training begins
Summer training has begun! Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the county and Lodi Unified School District worked in conjunction to allow summer sports practices with some modifications.
Some of the guidelines are as follows:
- Groups of no more than 12 (coaches included)
- Coaches wearing masks when working with student-athletes
- Social distancing of 6-feet or more between student-athletes
- Student-athletes must use a Self-Assessment Log and bring it daily to indicate any symptoms of COVID-19
- Students utilize hand sanitizer before and after workouts
- Student-athletes must be cleared by the athletic department prior to participation
Student-athlete clearance is a multi-step process that begins with registering online and includes getting a physical. That process is detailed HERE.
Once student-athletes are cleared for participation, they will be placed in a group and notified of that group's schedule. Student-athletes will need to fill out their Athlete Health Self-Assessment Log at home prior to arriving on campus. Once on campus, student-athletes will check in and show their Athlete Health Self-Assessment Log to their coach.
Student-athletes also need to sign the COVID waiver and bring that to practice on their first day.
For these documents and other information, check out the below resources.
Athlete Health Self-Assessment Log
Tokay Football Summer Practice Phase I Guidelines